There is a GREAT Offer from my affiliate network. Grab your chance to get iPad for FREE. Please let me know if link broken or offer has ended. JUST FOR UNITED STATE USERS ONLY!!! http://www.panoet.com/offer.html

Feel free to take content from this blog, but please include link(s) to this blog on your article :)


Want to get updates and special offers directly to your email? Enter your email address here

Wednesday, June 23, 2010


How To Hide Blogger Widget Title, Since Blogger Not Allow Us To Exclude That Now

Little change on Blogger Page Elements Editor

Two days ago, I intend to slightly change my Blogger template. I want to change some of the views of the widget by modifying that code. As usual, I use the menu Design → Page Elements to change that.
blogger page elements editor

After I finished the editing, I intend to save it. But in fact this is what I get:
blogger page elements error follow us widget

This occurs because "title" field is still empty, though it is a required field. As a side note, Blogger does not like this before! We are allowed to not fill the "title" field. It may sound insignificant, but it is really important. Because sometimes we do not need a title for the widget that we will tide. For example, as I experienced it. At that time I just wanted to put my own widget, which is "follow us" widget. Where will I display the widget with the attribute "fixed", which means it has fixed position, although visitors scrolling the page. And I don't need a title for that!
I found this changes two days ago, but I do not know exactly when Blogger making this change.

So, how to fix this?

Maybe you think you can fill these field with space (empty) character? What you'll get is the same, Blogger detects that the field has not been filled! So?
Your idea its right, but not quite right because Blogger will detects space (" ") character as empty (as I know its PHP+HTML Programming behaviour when used on form validating concept, remind me if this is wrong). So you must using HTML code instead character like that. Use :
 

hacking blogger template editor title That is the HTML code for space (non-breaking space). Put it on the widget title field, and you can save your setting now :) It'll invisible on your Blogger page, because it'll detected as white-space by browser.

Its easy, right? I found this trick myself and I hope its help you. But, if you have better solution I'll be glad if you post it here. Post by comment, or email me and I'll post it. Certainly with your name as article owner. And if you have blog or website containing that (you are the writer), of course it will backlinked too :)
Nice to share my mind here...

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails